About Of MRCCI
Mandalay Region, the region consists of seven districts, which are subdivided into 30 townships and 2,320 wards and village-tracts, is important in Myanmar’s economy, accounting for 15% of the national economy. It also stands the second commercial city of Myanmar. It is under the administration of the Mandalay Region Government. Agriculture is the primary economical source of livelihood. Primary crops grown within Mandalay Region are rice, wheat, maize, peanut, sesame, cotton, legumes, tobacco, chili, and vegetables. Industry, including alcoholic breweries, textile factories, sugar mills, and gem mines also exists. Tourism now forms a substantial part of Mandalay Region’s economy a culture region.
Mandalay Region Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MRCCI) is a non-profit organization for regional private business development. MRCCI was established since 26th June 1991. Nowadays, MRCCI have over 3500 member with 45 Affiliated Associations. MRCCI supports the business community as representing with international organizations and private business sectors, sharing by knowledge, experiences, and opportunities.
The aim of the chamber
The main aim of MRCCI is to create the job opportunities to improve the socio-economic life based on the commerce within Mandalay region and to help it become an all-round economic community for domestic and foreign investments as Mandalay region is not only a transport intersection for Myanmar, ASEAN, India and China but plays a strategic role in the present situation.
The objectives of MRCCI are as follows:
- To make collaborative efforts with the government so as to help encourage the flow of merchandise, to get the right commodity prices and stabilize them within Myanmar
- To participate in implementing the economic policies made by the state
- To lead the organizing process needed in performing the respective tasks for the sake of amity and unity among the members, the success of the business and for finding the markets
- To help tackle with the necessities and difficulties of the members in cooperation with the respective government departments and associations
- To participate as a representative body in making the regional economic plans of the state and implementing them
- To lead and organize in making the respective, collaborative efforts with a view to boosting commodity production, trading and servicing and promoting knowledge enrichment of the members in accordance with international standards
- to help mediate the occasional disputes among the members in a way which cannot have a bad impact on the friendship
- To perform every task with a view to the interest of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and the citizens
- To help main the good balance in boosting the business of the members so that it can prevent their business from having a negative influence on the public, including the ethnic minorities
- To implement the system based on the sustainable economic growth without putting an emphasis on making the profits